Looking after your family
At O’Brien Financial Advisors, we understand every individual and every family is different. We take the time to understand your personal circumstances and consider the needs of you and your family when providing advice.
Protecting yourself and your loved ones for the future is a key consideration in the financial planning process. Whilst it is uncomfortable to think about, it is important to ensure you and your family will be protected in the event you are unable to work due to illness or injury, or should you pass away.
Throughout the financial planning process, we complete a detailed analysis of your personal situation to understand your goals and financial situation to identify whether insurance is appropriate for you.
O’Brien Financial Advisors is authorised to provide personal financial advice on Life, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD), Trauma, Income Protection and Business Expense insurance. Our insurance advice process includes:
- A discussion of your personal and financial situation
- Determining the type of cover you would require given your circumstances and compare against any existing cover (if in place).
- Are you currently under or over insured?
- Is the correct level of cover appropriate given your financial situation?
- Gaining an understanding of your medical history for underwriting purposes. Any accidents or past illnesses must be disclosed as part of the pre-assessment process.
- And finally, considering the structure of the insurance and the appropriate provider.
- Is holding insurance in your own name or within superannuation more appropriate?
- Is paying for premiums via superannuation more appropriate than paying via your cashflow?
- We compare several products and consider your needs weighing up the benefits of more features versus the cost to ensure we implement the right cover to suit your needs and financial commitments.
If you would like to discuss your insurance needs and achieve peace of mind that you and your family are protected in case of an unexpected event, please contact our Financial Planning team on 03 8850 3333 or email email@example.com.
As part of Count, a majority-owned subsidiary of CountPlus Limited, an ASX listed company; O’Brien Accountants & Advisors is part of one of Australia’s leading network of accounting-led financial advisers. Tailored financial advice factors in your objectives to develop a strategic plan, purpose-built for your specific circumstances. Count financial advisers have the training, tools and experience to help you on this journey.
Financial Services Guide
Complaints Handling Policy
O’Brien Financial Advisors is an Authorised Representative of Count Financial Ltd ABN 19 001 974 625 AFSL No. 227232 which is 85% owned by CountPlus Limited ABN 111 26 990 832 (CountPlus) of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW and 15% owned by Count Member Firm Pty Ltd ACN 633 983 490 of Level 8, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney 2000 NSW. CountPlus is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Count Member Firm Pty Ltd is owned by Count Member Firm DT Pty Ltd ACN 633 956 073 which holds the assets under a discretionary trust for certain beneficiaries including potentially some corporate authorised representatives of Count Financial Ltd. The information on this web page is not advice and is intended to provide general information only. It does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or personal circumstances.