How a family wealth management can help you
Acquiring and growing wealth takes a lot of determination, skill, and ambition. In order to maintain your family’s wealth and preserve your legacy for multiple generations, you need a professional advisor with a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to family wealth management.
What is a Family Advisor?
A family advisor is a professional who understands the complexities of family dynamics and helps deal with all aspects of family finances including properties, family business, shares, estate planning, risk planning, insurance, and capital transition. Family advisors are generally financial planners and financial advisors with a special interest in inter-generational family wealth managment and transistion.
How can family wealth management help?
Here are some of the most common family advisory services:
- Estate planning – A family advisor can help you identify personalised estate planning goals and make your wishes clear in the estate documents.
- Transitioning the family business – Transitioning the family business often brings complex tax, legal, and financial planning issues. A family advisor can help make the process smoother.
- Health and long-term care – Is there a plan in place for the financial aspects of you and your family’s health and long-term care needs? Do you have any concerns about family asset preservation? A family advisor can help.
- Lifetime gifting strategies – Are you comfortable transferring your assets to your children, and at what time intervals? Lifetime gifting strategies can be a good way to help heirs develop financial responsibility.
- Charitable planning – Charitable planning strategies can help include newer generations in managing the wealth transfer and encourage them to develop their own philanthropic goals.
These are just some of the most common services provided by family advisors. There are many other strategic family advisory solutions that they can offer to address all of your personal, financial, and business needs.
We understand family dynamics.
As a family-owned business, we at O’Brien Accountants & Advisors understand how important family is. With this, we are one with you in ensuring that your family always comes first.
Whether you are thinking about financial commitments such as your children’s education, mortgage, and insurance, or your lifetime objectives and philanthropic goals, we can implement effective family wealth management strategies to protect the interests of your family and their future.
O’Brien Accountants & Advisors is not your typical accountant in Melbourne – we offer tailored advice in building, maintaining, and transitioning family wealth, while ensuring your family values are carried through.